Business Developer Neurosciences
For the communication and agreements between the Netherlands Brain Bank and its customers and to initiate and further develop NBB-RS, we have an opportunity for a business developer neurosciences for 0.8 – 1.0 fte.
Netherlands Brain Bank
The Netherlands Brain Bank (NBB) is a department of the NIN and an internationally oriented facility that collects and supplies well characterized human brain tissue to scientific researchers worldwide according to the highest standards. The NBB has an open access and non-profit policy. Annually, the NBB approves over 200 requests for human brain tissue from both academic and pharmaceutical research groups. The NBB advises researchers that apply for tissue on the research approach and searches for the tissue best suited to address the research questions, including matching of donor groups on medication, disease symptoms, pathology and post mortem parameters such as post mortem delay. These unique features also attract long standing relationships with the industry. Recently, the NBB launched NBB Research Services (NBB-RS) to guide clients from project definition involving donor and tissue selection to sample processing such as immunohistochemical stainings, viable primary cell isolation and characterization and isolation of mRNA, hnRNA and protein from defined brain regions. The NBB has 12 staff members and at NBB-RS a technician will be appointed.
Below are some tasks that the Business Developer role entails; some tasks apply to either NBB or NBB-RS; other to both.
NBB and NBB-RS
- Explore the needs of for-profit organizations for NBB tissue and NBB-RS services
- Initiate, maintain and coordinate NBB(-RS) customer contact
- Maintain a customer database with customer and project details
- Handle the documentation associated with NBB and NBB-RS services (e.g. tissue/service applications, invoices, contracts and quality control documents)
- Manage and liaise contacts and contracts with both academic and for profit research groups that apply for tissue at the NBB
- Analyze the international competitive position of NBB-RS
- Organize and attend activities to inform potential new clients about NBB-RS services
- Use financial insight and pricing models to carry out costing of the services
- Assist NBB(-RS) staff with tailoring the NBB-RS facilities and services to the needs of the customer
- Working with the NBB-RS technician to deliver the services requested by the customer
Required skills and experience
As our link between the NBB and industry, you:
- Have an MSc or PhD in biomedical, pharmaceutical or medical sciences
- Have experience with state of the art techniques relevant to post-mortem human brain research. Hands-on experience with viable primary cell isolation, (single cell / nucleus) RNA isolation from and imaging within defined brain regions is preferred
- Have had previous involvement in the pharmaceutical industry; insight into business negotiation and knowledge of pricing and sales strategies is desirable
- Are highly organized and work well within a team whilst being able to work autonomously and manage your time productively
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, proven people skills and a great attention to detail
The position is 0.8-1 fte divided over both the NBB and NBB-RS roles. Initially this position is fixed-term for 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and institutional guidelines based on the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities; CAO NU) in scale 10 or 11 ((from €2,790.- up to €5,127.- gross).
You will also receive an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus. We offer travel expenses, paid parental leave, flexible working hours, 30 days paid leave per year.
We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity in society in terms of, among other things, age, sex, sexual orientation and cultural background. We would appreciate receiving letters from candidates who might widen the diversity of our team.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to [email protected] under reference of “BD vacancy”. Please note that there may be a delay in responding to you due to the holiday period; therefore we also recommend sending an email if you have any questions rather than phoning. Evaluation of candidates will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated