Postdoc for the study of dreams
Organization of the experimental setup of the study, analysis and acquisition of night-time high-density sleep EEG recordings with controlled sensory stimulations and serial awakening;
- Analysis and interpretation of data (evoked potentials);
- Writing of high-impact publications and presentation of results at international meetings;
- Transmission of knowledge and expertise to younger team members
- You have a PhD degree in Biology, Neurosciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or related fields;
- You ideally have experience with acquisition and analysis of (high-density) EEG data;
- You are familiar with sleep and dream research or are highly interested in the topic;
- You have excellent signal processing skills (mastery of neurophysiological analyses);
- You have solid skills in statistics and programming (Python, Matlab or other similar languages);
- You are fluent in written and spoken English;
- You are rigorous, committed, highly motivated and autonomous;
- You are a team player and enjoy transmitting your knowledge to other members of the team;
The salary is in accordance with the regulations for academic personnel. For a postdoc it will range from €47.631,- up to a maximum of €65.174,- per year. This annual salary is before tax, (including holiday and end of year allowance) based on a full-time appointment, and depending on expertise and previous experience. Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities. The housing department of the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience assists foreign employees in finding accommodation.
Applicants are welcomed to submit their application through (and only through, do not use the apply button on this page) the online form here until December 1st 2022.
Evaluation of candidates will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. We aim to fill the position at the beginning of 2023.