Max hours per week: 32-38 hours per week
Max salary: € 3636,-
Duration of agreement: 1 year with prospect of permanent employment
Apply until: 16 September 2023
What you will be doing
Primary functions of this position (BT) are:
- to support and perform experimental procedures (mainly surgeries) on rodents
- to join the training team to train staff and researchers on experimental procedures
- to assess competences of all researchers and staff working at the NIN. The BT will be first assessed by the Designated Veterinarian (DV).
- Refinement of experimental procedures on rodents.
What you will be contributing
You will contributing to improve the 3Rs in experimental rodent procedures, therefore following requirements are needed:
- at least 5 years proven experience with experimental procedures (invasive and non-invasive) on rodents;
- proven experience on training and assessment of users on rodent procedures (invasive and non-invasive);
- understanding of rodent physiology, anaesthesia and analgesia;
- understanding of ethical principles, European regulations, and accepted standards for animal research.
What do we offer?
You will join the Animal Facilities department, that has a staff of 11, and be part of the Training team. Your motivation and attitude will help to improve animal welfare undergoing experimental procedures and will help researchers to improve their science with more robust and reliable data.
Your workplace (optional)
The Animal Facilities Department is responsible for housing, breeding and care of laboratory animals, and provides support for animal experimental research within the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience. The Department has a team of 11 and works in close connection with neuroscientists and the local IvD.
Please contact: Viola Galligioni, AF Head, email@example.com.
The selection committee will review the applications and suitable candidates will be interviewed on 22 September 2023 at the NIN.
Terms of employment
Depending on education and experience the minimum salary is € 2693,- and the maximum salary is € 3636,- gross per month for a full-time appointment (scale 7 cao Nederlandse Universiteiten/KNAW). This is exclusive of 8% vacation allowance, 8.3% year-end bonus, travel allowance, internet allowance, home working allowance and pension accrual with ABP.
The KNAW offers its staff an excellent package of secondary benefits. A package that meets the different needs of employees depending on their stage of life, lifestyle or career ambitions. For example, by working an extra two hours a week, it is possible to increase the number of days off from 29 to 41 days a year (with full-time employment).
For a complete overview of the terms of employment, please refer to the web page: werken bij de KNAW.
Diversity & Inclusion
The KNAW considers a working environment in which everyone feels welcome and appreciated of great importance. A working environment in which attention is paid to individual quality and where development opportunities are paramount. Together we strive for an inclusive culture in which we embrace differences. We would therefore like to invite candidates who want to contribute to this through their background and experience. In the event of equal suitability, preference will be given to the candidate who thus enhances diversity within the Academy.
We will not respond to any supplier enquiries based on this job advertisement.