Support our work
Decorative header background


Video 1 – why we study the retina

In this movie Maarten Kamermans explains the importance of studying the retina.

Video 2 – studying the retina (dutch)

Information continuously enters the eye, of which only 1 percent is sent to the brain. What happens to the remaining 99%? Research by Maarten Kamermans tries to unravel this mystery. Watch more.

Video 3 – the smart retina

Jota-TELEAC is a weekly program with reports on remarkable scientific research. This episode pays attention to the scientific research of the Interuniversity Ophthalmological Institute into the functioning of the retina (09-03-2003).

Video 4 – Outer retinal inhibition

Video 5 – retinal origin of infantile nystagmus

In this presentation Maarten Kamermans explains the retinal origin of infantile nystagmus

Video 6 – Retinal protheses

In this talk Maarten Kamermans discusses the expectations, results, possibilities and impossibilities of retinal prostheses (16 Jul 2014).



At the moment, there are no vacancies within this group

Show all vacancies
Logo shape right


Have a question? Ask it directly to the Kamermans

"*" indicates required fields


Donate to NiN

"*" indicates required fields

1Step 1: your donation
2Step 2: your details
Amount (most people donate 25 euros per quarter)*

Brain Friends make groundbreaking brain research possible

  • You support groundbreaking/ innovative brain research
  • You support the Dutch Brain Bank
  • Invitation to the Brain Friends Lecture
  • Exclusive friend activities
  • A look behind the scenes of the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience
You can easily donate via

You can also transfer your contribution to NL76 INGB 0002 1673 78 in the name of ‘Stichting Vrienden van het Herseninstituut’

Support our work!

The Friends Foundation facilitates groundbreaking brain research. You can help us with that.

Support our work